Revenant - Ragnaros EU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revenant - Ragnaros EU

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sunius - Shadow Priest[DECLINED]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sunius

Sunius - Shadow Priest[DECLINED] Empty
PostSubject: Sunius - Shadow Priest[DECLINED]   Sunius - Shadow Priest[DECLINED] EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 8:22 pm

Name:

Tautvydas IRL/Sunius in-game.

Class:

Priest.

Spec:

Shadow main specialization, and Discipline secondary specialization. However, I am ready to change my off spec to whatever the guild needs.

What is your experience with your offspec, and are you willing to play that in some raids should the guild require it to get the perfect setup for harder content?:

I used to use my healing specialization in guild raids when we lacked healers. I don‘t particularly like it, but my healing gear is sufficient for Dragon Soul and I am able to use it if I need to. I don‘t mind doing it as long as my healing doesn‘t become my main specialization.

Armoury link: On the forum toolbar, make sure you click the link button and add your amoury link that way, otherwise it won’t show. You also have to register with the forum to post links. Gear must be suitable for the current raiding content, we are not here to gear you up.

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/darksorrow/Sunius/advanced

In regards to gear, are you willing to have your current gear maxed out in the way of gemming and enchanting, even if it is not the BiS piece?

Of course I am. Gold is not problem, and I am quite dedicated theorycrafter, so I know which gems and enchants are best for my class.

Professions, and why did you take these?:

When I leveled this character, Wrath of the Lich King was about to be released, and I thought it would be a good idea to get Inscription, since it was brand new. Herbalism is just a gathering profession that fits Inscription.

Why are you applying to Revenant?:

My current guild Omega fell apart and I am looking for a new home. Revenant seems like a perfect choice, you got nice progress, and the guild is very old and solid.

Is there anyone in Revenant who can vouch for you?

In ancient times, Buzdugan and me were guildies, in a guild called SkyDrakes. I am not sure if he can remember me though!

Previous guild(s), and why you were kicked, or why you left:

I’ve been in many guilds, the ones worth mentioning:
Eminence of Zenedar – I left because the raiding atmosphere was really poor;
SkyDrakes – it disbanded;
Role Models – it was a PvP guild, and I left when I realized it wasn’t for me;
Dehydrated – disbanded;
Omega – disbanded.

What raiding experience you have, be as detailed as possible:

I started playing World of Warcraft back in 2007 June. The very first character I created was an undead warlock on Magtheridon server. I dinged 70 in late August and started PuGing. I was new to the game, and managed to gear up to full epic (back then it was considered 'gear REQ for pugging Karazhan') only May, 2008. Month later I found myself in my first raiding guild (unfortunately I cannot recall the name), in which I cleared 4/6 SSC and 2/4 TK. However, early in July the guild broke up - people started going for vacation, and in the end we could not get a raid together. Once I was free again, I made an application to a promising guild called SkyDrakes. It was led by a Romanian guy who was studying law at the time. His name was Veeh. To my luck, I got accepted, and started attending raids. By the end of August my progress was 4/5 Hyjal and 4/5 Black Temple (We were working on the fifth boss, Gurtogg Bloodboil). However, I had to quit the guild for the school – I was fifteen at the time.

Anyway, I continued my journey through the World of Warcraft. Wrath of the Lich King expansion was going to be released soon and I thought I should reroll and I wanted to try healing out, so I leveled a priest. I had hit level 70 and few weeks later, Wrath of the Lich King had arrived. It was 13th November, 2008 when I started leveling to 80 on my priest (By the way - I leveled in holy spec, the spec I would start hating two years later). I had hit 80 in early December and I found a little 10 man raiding guild, which fitted my raiding schedule (weekends). However, when I was about to attend my first raid, my PC's motherboard burnt. I couldn't find replacement in the whole country, it just wasn't there, and it was all sold out due to the Christmas season. I had to wait a month to replace it, whole without the internet.

When I have finally got my PC working, I realized that my realm was dead PvP wise – battlegrounds almost didn’t happen, and it was impossible to see an alliance anywhere (even Wintergrasp, so completing 'Slay them all' quest or getting the rank was very difficult). Eventually, Blizzard opened Free Character Migration option out of my realm. So I, with all my characters, migrated to Zenedar.

Once I migrated there, I joined a semi-casual guild, called Eminence. With them I killed Malygos and cleared Naxxramas. Few weeks later I left that guild – the atmosphere didn’t really suit me. It happened at mid-February. A month later, I finally managed to fix my time table so I could raid 2 nights a week. I went to realm forums to find out if any guilds were recruiting a priest. Guess who I found? SkyDrakes have migrated to Zenedar as well. After chatting with the guild master for a few minutes, explaining the situation, I have been invited back.

I have killed Sartharion with 2 drakes up, and we have been farming Naxxramas and Malygos weekly. However, the most impressive kill that I got – was Sartharion 10 man with 3 drakes up. We wiped 4 days 4 hours each until we could get him. Even though the dps was slow (since there were only 4 of them) after 13 minutes it was finally down. Even to this moment I think that it was the hardest encounter I have ever done in World of Warcraft, it was the last achievement to my first 310% mount – Plagued Proto Drake.

In April the Ulduar has come out. Until the start of June we tried killing bosses, however, it wasn’t very good. We managed to down 3 bosses – Flame Leviathan, Razorscale and Deconstructor. Then many people started going for holidays and in the end the Guild Master promoted one of the Officers, a holy paladin named Hirken to the new GM, and himself migrated to Darksorrow, to join a hardcore guild here, called ‘Yoh’. Hirken promoted me to officer and we tried reviving the guild, however, in the end, we started wiping in Naxxramas... That’s when the guild disbanded.

Meanwhile, Veeh (the old GM) was getting used to the new environment, and to his disappointment, he didn’t like the guild. He offered me and few other old members to migrate to Darksorrow, so start a new guild. I agreed. That’s how I ended up at Darksorrow, but it’s not the end of the story yet.

In next few weeks we found ourselves raiding Ulduar heavily, and all the keepers were going down. We had hardest time with Mimiron; however, we got him after few nights of wiping. Once we finally got to Yogg-Saron, problems started. If I remember correctly, we wiped on him for 2 weeks before we could get him, and once we got him, it was middle of July.

Next week I left for Vacation, and when I was back, the guild was disbanded. As far as I know, Veeh couldn’t be the guild master anymore because he had just become a lawyer and he didn’t have enough time to manage the whole guild. He promoted a new guild master, one of the officers, Cínos. However, he was not skilled enough (I guess), to keep the guild together, and it fell apart. Being in that guild was one of my peek times of World of Warcraft, I made many friends and I will never forget them.

When I saw the guild disbanded, I saw no more point in playing. So I had quit World of Warcraft for around 1 month, until the middle of September. When I was back everyone were pugging Trial of the Crusader 10 man and the Gear Score was just starting. I did nothing special but clearing ToC 10 once a week and I also started leveling a new toon – my Death Knight, Suniuzx. That continued for a few months – since I didn’t have much time to play, the school had started. I had hit 80 just before 3.3 patch came by, and started gathering tanking and PvP gear. That was the point where my PvP experience had started.

At the start of January I leveled my rogue Sunex to 70 and I saw some guy advertising The Burning Crusade twinking guild. I thought: ‘what the hell, why not? I still don’t have anything else to do’. So it started. I started gearing my rogue rapidly and by the end of March I had some what good gear. However, it wasn’t as smooth as it sounded. A month or so after I joined, some people started feeling hatred to me, because, according to them, I wasn’t active enough and all that I was doing, was ‘leeching gear’ off them. They thought that, even though I was online during the day, up to 5 PM, while most of them came online after 6 PM, so they never saw me online. Anyway, sometime later I got kicked out, because I went to a Sunwell Plateau on my own, with some other guildies. I did that because I could not attend a guild raid that week, and the guild master got very pissed at me, because I was the initiator and the leader of that group. It’s ironic, but today we are guildies with the very officer who kicked me, and we’re doing arena together.

A week later I found few loyal members of the old twink guild and we created a new guild, called ‘Say the Magic Word’. Due to this and the fact that our realm doesn’t have many twinks, there wasn’t enough space for two guilds of the kind. And since most people liked me more, so the guild I was in, prevailed. In the start of April I made a video of me dueling people outside Orgrimmar, and two weeks later – a rated 2v2 level 70 arena video with my partner Failmastah.

In the beginning of season 8 I have also started PvPing on my Death Knight, I played 2v2 with a restoration druid, and we reached 2k rating. Unfortunately, I got bored very quickly, because most matches lasted very long and were very tiring, it wasn’t even interested. We peaked 2062 rating, and a week later I left my partner, because I could not handle playing that setup anymore.

Also at the start of April, I noticed a forum post made by a Death Knight named Valtiel; he was one of the officers in Omega. He was making an ICC 10 group with same people every week and he needed a shadow priest, so I volunteered. Three weeks later I have finally killed Arthas Menethil, The Lich King. However, Valtiel has stopped playing a month later, so we weren’t fast enough to finish the frost wyrm…

In the following 6 months I had leveled two alts – a mage and a shaman. For mage I decided to go arcane, I wanted to try out the only caster spec in game without any DoTs at all. I chose to be restoration for my shaman, and I think I did the right thing, because personally I like shaman healing more than priest one. Also, I had been going to weekly Waldrom’s (from Muffin Militia) Pugs of Icecrown Citadel 25 man. There I got my 25 man frost drake, the Icebound Frostwyrm Vanquisher.

Around in October, 2010, I made an application to a PvP guild, Role Models, and I got accepted. I decided to join it since cataclysm release was nigh, and the guild perks were about to be released. That meant a guy with a guild had an advantage over the one without.

Unfortunately, the way of PvP players didn’t fit me well, so I left the guild and made an application on a newly made PvE guild Dehydrated. I got accepted as well, and we started raiding. However, the progress was slow, the officers were slacking, and the guild fell apart in the next two weeks. Somehow I was promoted to guild master, and I tried reviving the guild by recruiting more players.

The second day of recruiting, I got a whisper from a guy named Kaon. It was the same death knight Valtiel, the officer of Omega. He offered me to merge with Omega, and since I only had 4 people at the time, a hunter, a rogue, a restoration shaman and myself, I decided it would be a wise move, so on February 26th, 2011, I joined Omega. To this day, it is the guild I have stayed the longest time of my life.

Up until summer, we managed to get some progress, we had cleared all the normal modes and we had killed Magmaw and Halfus the Wyrmbreaker on heroic mode. However, once the summer started, a crisis rose with it. Half of the guild stopped playing, and instead of having full 25 man roster, we could barely put together a 10 man raiding team. Few weeks to release of Firelands, I got promoted to officer rank. I tried recruiting more people, but as many as I had recruited, the similar amount left the guild. The guild has been bleeding since then.

We managed to clear Firelands on normal mode and kill Shannox on heroic. Of course, due to people not attending raids and having such a small roster, we didn’t manage to kill anything else. I was also chosen to be the one to receive Dragonwrath, the legendary staff, but since we were very slow in progressing, I never got to finish it (got to the last phase, though).

When Dragon Soul was released, we were lucky to recruit some players with whom we managed to kill 6 bosses on normal mode. However, they quickly realized that the guild was bleeding, and they left.

Inevitably, it has all lead to last Wednesday events, when Omega officially fell apart. The guild leaders announced that they weren’t going to play anymore, and that Omega stops it’s activities for unknown amount of time.

So here I am, Sunius, Officer of Omega, a guild that has been very important and my heart still cannot recover from what happened, but as they say, everyone has to move forward and go on with their lives, and that’s what I am trying to do. I am trying to close the Omega chapter of my life.

What kind of PC and connection do you have? (average FPS and MS in raids?):

Just two months ago I bought a new PC:
Processor: Intel i5 2500k @ 4.3 GHz;
Motherboard: Asrock Extreme3 Gen3;
Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti, core clocked to 950 MHz;
RAM: 8 GB of Kingston HyperX blu 1600 MHz;
SSD: Corsair Force 3 120 GB (WoW is stored there, so I get very fast loading times);
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Green 1 TB 5400 RPM;
PSU: Corsair GS600;
Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster, 1920x1080.

I am getting anywhere between 35 to 60 fps in 25 man raids and stable 60 fps in 10 man raids. I have my fps capped at 60, because my monitor cannot display more anyway. My latency is around 40-50 ms.

Our current raid nights are Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday, will you be able to attend most, or all of these nights?:

I can attend all of those raids, except if something unexpected comes up (such unexpectancies happened twice during whole 2011).

Do you speak and understand English clearly, as this will be the language used to communicate in the raids?:

I can both speak English fluently and understand it.

Can you handle constructive critisism and do you use this to improve your general performance?:

I handle constructive criticism very well and I believe that it is one of few things that helps improving beyond the edge.

Link to a screenshot of your UI:

img31.imageshack.us/img31/9384/wowscrnshot123011161847.jpg

Tell us something about yourself, this is the first impression we get of you, so take this as a good opportunity to make your application shine.

My name is Tautvydas, I am 18 years old and I am studying computer science in Kaunas University of Technology. I find the subjects of programming and computing as a whole very attractive and this has been the main interest of my life for many years. I am determined to seek the career of computer science and I am ready to keep learning and improving my knowledge whole my life in everyday improving and changing world of computing.

On October 25th-27th, 2011, I represented my university in ACM ICPC programming contest, which was held in Minsk, Belarus. Although my team didn’t manage to win anything, I gained invaluable experience.

Since computer science is my thing, I can say that the logic skills I have gained from it helps me in playing World of Warcraft. I have studied the mathematical aspect of DPSing thoroughly with the help of SimulationCraft and I have optimized my character’s reforging, gemming and enchanting the best I can. I could say that I am an expert in determining how to do it.

World of Warcraft has been my hobby for many years, and I especially enjoy raiding and progressing. I am able to quickly adjust to new tactics, I always put the best effort in the job I am assigned to and I always finish what I start.

I am responsible, diligent and dutiful person, so I think I am a perfect candidate for joining your guild. I am determined to sacrifice as much time as you require for your guild and I will do everything what is in my abilities to make sure the guild flourishes.

Thanks for your precious time and attention for reading my application. I will be eagerly waiting for your response.

Yours Truly,
Sunius
Back to top Go down
Osomo
Officer
Officer
Osomo

PostSubject: Re: Sunius - Shadow Priest[DECLINED]   Sunius - Shadow Priest[DECLINED] EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 5:23 am

Sorry to hear about Omega.

Also nice to see some1 interested in programming, im studying it myself!

Impressive application, can see that you put quite abit of work into it, we will answer you asap.

For convenience:
Armory:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/darksorrow/Sunius/advanced

UI(click the spoiler):
Spoiler:

Direct link: https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img31/9384/wowscrnshot123011161847.jpg

How far are you away from the legendary? We might be able to help ya with the last stretch.
Back to top Go down
Sunius

PostSubject: Re: Sunius - Shadow Priest[DECLINED]   Sunius - Shadow Priest[DECLINED] EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 10:38 am

Unfortunately I just started the last part, so it would take quite a while.
Back to top Go down
Buzdugan
Officer
Officer
Buzdugan

PostSubject: Re: Sunius - Shadow Priest[DECLINED]   Sunius - Shadow Priest[DECLINED] EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 6:08 pm

Hi there my old friend. Nice to see u here making this apply. Unfortunately we have a solid group for our 10 man raids, dunno if we can find u a spot. We will talk about it and let u know. Have a nice day and a happy new year!
Back to top Go down
Sunius

PostSubject: Re: Sunius - Shadow Priest[DECLINED]   Sunius - Shadow Priest[DECLINED] EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 10:49 am

Hey Buzdugan, thanks for the reply. I will be waiting eagerly. Happy new year to you too!
Back to top Go down
Ariikluth

PostSubject: Re: Sunius - Shadow Priest[DECLINED]   Sunius - Shadow Priest[DECLINED] EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 10:04 pm

Oh a Lithuanian, must be a basketball fan like me : )

Great application man, i think we did many pugs together when i have gone casual. My memory s not so great but i remember you were doing good job at leading.

Just one thing i want to adress. You look like a real dedicated raider but why you are keeping Herbalism?

After reaching enough haste for extra dot ticks it s almost impossible to get 2nd ticks. Only 35-40 % of ur dps is casts counting Mind flay and not an expert but i think haste on Mind Flay works with same idea as dots. Even if doesn't still haste is pretty bad after cap. If you are reaching extra tick number with cooldown i still think it s a dps loss compared to other proffessions. Thinking you have to renew dot to get benefit from new haste. A player with your mindset should change that prof.

Anyway, gl with your application. Take care...
Back to top Go down
Sunius

PostSubject: Re: Sunius - Shadow Priest[DECLINED]   Sunius - Shadow Priest[DECLINED] EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:52 am

Ariikluth wrote:
Oh a Lithuanian, must be a basketball fan like me : )

Great application man, i think we did many pugs together when i have gone casual. My memory s not so great but i remember you were doing good job at leading.

Just one thing i want to adress. You look like a real dedicated raider but why you are keeping Herbalism?

After reaching enough haste for extra dot ticks it s almost impossible to get 2nd ticks. Only 35-40 % of ur dps is casts counting Mind flay and not an expert but i think haste on Mind Flay works with same idea as dots. Even if doesn't still haste is pretty bad after cap. If you are reaching extra tick number with cooldown i still think it s a dps loss compared to other proffessions. Thinking you have to renew dot to get benefit from new haste. A player with your mindset should change that prof.

Anyway, gl with your application. Take care...

Hey, that's not really how haste works Razz. Basically, it makes the dots tick faster, and like you said, if I let a dot be until it expires, haste would be pretty useless to me. However, if I refresh it just before it expires, it just continues to tick and the time isn't lost.

Let's say without haste I have tick of vampiric touch every 3 seconds for 15 seconds. That's 5 ticks total. If I get 10% haste, I'll get a tick every 15/5.5 = 2.72 seconds and the dot duration shrinks to 2.72*5 = 13.63 seconds. So, It means I can refresh it earlier, and if I refresh it at the last second, it is a substantial gain over a course of battle.

Say, it's a 5 minute battle, so without haste I'll have 300/15 = 20 casts of vampiric touch at 1.5 seconds each, which would take me 20*1.5 = 30 seconds and there would be 300/3 = 100 ticks.

However, if I have 10% haste, I'll have 300/13.63 = 22 casts, at 1.36 seconds each, which would take 22*1.36 = 30 seconds, same amount of time. I'd get 300/2.72 = 110 ticks.

Hope I proved that haste breakpoints don't quite exist, and that it gives dps linearly.

By the way, every my spell, excluding mind blast and mind spike, are counted as dots, so I can clip mind flay earlier but it will still continue ticking normally.

About the profession part, I simulated it and it would be around 200 dps gain if I switched to tailoring. I don't have any problems doing it if the guild requires so.
Back to top Go down
Ariikluth

PostSubject: Re: Sunius - Shadow Priest[DECLINED]   Sunius - Shadow Priest[DECLINED] EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 4:15 pm

Ah well i must have been miss the part where it says about changes at dot refreshing at my earlier researchs. Just wanted to share my knowledge and ended up learning a new thing. Nothing bad about that = )

Our management crew will be back with an answer when they make their minds. take care
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunius - Shadow Priest[DECLINED]   Sunius - Shadow Priest[DECLINED] Empty

Back to top Go down

Sunius - Shadow Priest[DECLINED]
Page 1 of 1