Revenant - Ragnaros EU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revenant - Ragnaros EU

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dustsorrow - Blood Deathknight

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dustsorrow

Dustsorrow - Blood Deathknight Empty
PostSubject: Dustsorrow - Blood Deathknight   Dustsorrow - Blood Deathknight EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 12:33 am

Personal Information

Name: Tom Adderley
Sex: Male
Nationality: English
Playing times: Flexible Playing hours

Character Information

Realm: Darksorrow
Name: Dustsorrow
Class: Death knight
Race: Undead
Spec: Blood
/played: 61days+
Professions:Herbalism + Alchemy
Armory:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/darksorrow/Dustsorrow/advanced
Alts: Currently only playing this character in MOP with a low level monk alt being levelled slowly with a friend of mine

My Spec (Blood) Why? Gems & Glyphs
My Spec Build Is currently the following:

Roiling Blood - This is mainly while I am farming Heroics I am finding it excellent for my AOE burst snap threat for the trash mobs and it allows me to keep my diseases up on my targets pretty much at all times. I have heard good things from Plague Leech to add more flexibility to my rune management but for the moment the debuff refresh and the Outbreak >> Death & Decay >> Blood Boil starts on groups is feeling far too efficient.

Antimagic Zone- Currently using this skill on a whim, to see its performance under heavy spell aoe situations in heroics, So far it’s been excellent mitigation, However I feel depending on the control mechanics on upcoming fights that the Lichborne ability may be more advantageous for me, Allowing my death coil self heals and ofc the solid control protection.

Deaths Advance : Seemed a no brainer for me personally movement speed boosts have always felt great for me and my tanking play style and on top off that the activated ability to make no slow drop me below 100% normal move-speed feels so good. (Also combos well with my Pandaren Step Enchant on my boots.

Death-Pact: The old get out of jail free card when fights give a sudden burst of damage to me. Summon Ghoul and gain 50% of my total HP (Yes please!)

Blood-Tap : Seems the most effective Rune management skill for my spec, literally allows me to grab Death runes for those clutch defence/threat gaining death strikes

Remorseless Winter - Completely Bat-shit crazy good in 5 Man heroics, if a group member manages to ninja pull more trash pop this CD and low and behold a 6 second stun will be on its way to every mob in my general area. I am hoping this skill will be just as great for trash clearing in raids. However the other ability that has been tempting me is "Gorefiends Grasp" as there seem to be alot of nice combat tricks this ability can utilise.

Glyphs!- Major-
Pestilence (Larger radius weo weo!) .
Icy Touch (Psuedo purge weo weo weo!)
Dancing Rune blade (tbh feels a little meh! picked it thinking threat may be an issue at the start, turns out it’s not really a problem, will most likely replace it with Death and decay for some kite fight applications)

Minor - Path of frost (always get this one falling never felt so good) The rest of the minors are a little on the aesthetic side of life.

Gems

Meta : [Austere Primal Diamond]
Blue: Puissant Wild Jade]
Red: Fine Vermilion Onyx]
Yellow: Fractured Sun's Radiance]

MY UI:
Currently the plug ins that I am running, are : Bartender, Omen, Recount, Deadly Boss Mods, Bagon (don’t know if that’s its name its just a handy bag management ui). Since returning to the game for MoP these are the main plug ins that I have been using however I will more than likely go back to pit-bull unit frames, and get a decent cool down manager.

Technical Information
Running a decent gaming rig, 8 GB RAM 2 GB Video memory quad core 3.0 GHz.

About my IRL Life
Okay I always suck at these parts. But yeah I’m a 24 year old freelance web developer; I am a games development graduate however jobs in that industry are tough to find where within my local area. I have been with my girlfriend for 5 years who I met while I was at university, We are in a long distance relationship so it can be hard to find time to see each other (200miles apart and work schedules) So once per month sometimes once per 2 months we visit each other for a weekend but we always plan a week in advance so everyone knows. We play games together a lot and we both returned to MoP, she’s currently working a full time job so her work hours are no way near as flexible as mine so she currently is levelling at a incremental pace on her Disc Priest.
Other than that my leisure side of life consists of playing Games, LoL and WoW mainly (I have a thing for 3 letter acronyms I suppose) but I also play Magic the gathering online frequently, as well as the paper counter part of the game with friends in my local area. So yeah all fairly boring stuff really from me but for the sake of pretending we can pretend I am a mech suit wearing gladiator.

Guilds
During BC and up to Cata I suppose I ran my own guilds. The majority of the guilds were IRL friends and we had alot of good times and a ton of good memories. But we all took a break from wow just before the dragon soul patch and disbanded

My WoW Goals?
My goals in MoP are simple; I wish to enjoy the endgame content of this expansion to its fullest with new friends and old fiends alike. To feel confident of my knowledge of my class that I can help others with their play style and simply enjoy the game.

Why This Class and Role?
Okay I will be honest here, I have always loved tanking but before I tried tanking I played a warlock in vanilla I loved the idea of rolling dots and debuffs and being a general pain in the arse. Then during early BC I rolled a BE paladin tank and discovered my love for tanking. At the time I really enjoyed Paladin off-tanking for taking care of large aoe trash moments.
Then I went to Uni and met a group of friends who was new to wow. So I rerolled a warrior to level them up as a group and taught them the basic fundamentals of each of their classes and their roles within the game this was done during mid-Late BC and I had found a love for the art of warrior tanking using devastate tabbing to the max and just loved the micro-management it enjoyed back then. Then on the launch of wrath I was not too happy with the talent changes too warrior and paladin tank I felt that they had over simplified the classes and frankly made them feel too strong, The fact that warriors now had massive aoe burst threat and paladins got the heavy single target threat made me feel a little disappointed. I suppose I seem to favour underdog classes and at the time I was curious how a Death Knight would feel and play. Low and behold it was great. It felt like a perfect mixed bag of the old classes that I loved and played: warlock, pala and warrior. All rolled into one. And the tanking mechanics felt awesome as you could tank in each spec as long as you put thought into each build. Leading into various tanking builds for various situations.

From then on I have always found myself preferring my death knight tanking to all my other characters I even tried out druid tanking end game and just preferred the resto spec XD

The low level alt I am levelling is a Brew master Monk which I am simply playing to see the tanking play style. But its going to take allot of really cool mechanics to ever replace my death knight.

Tanking has always been my favourite part of this game. However I do appreciate and enjoy playing each of the 3 roles regardless.

Why Revenant?
Perhaps a shallow reason but I came across your guild recruitment ad in trade chat and decided to apply. I have only just moved to Dark sorrow as for MoP i wanted to move to a more active server with a much higher population especially with a lot of my old wow friends no longer playing the game.

Contact info
Feel free to contact me in game "Dustksorrow" is my mains name, my alt names "Bestee"
Or alternately email me at tmadderley@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
Osomo
Officer
Officer
Osomo

PostSubject: Re: Dustsorrow - Blood Deathknight   Dustsorrow - Blood Deathknight EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 12:48 am

Hello!

We recently (as you can probably see) accepted a blood dk for trial.

However he has been MiA with no form of info given to us for two days now. So unless he has a really good reason, he will most likely fail his trial.

This will open up a tank spot, so we might be in need of you.

Overall the application seems nice, youve been some work into it. Gj.

We will answer you asap!
Back to top Go down
Dustsorrow

PostSubject: Re: Dustsorrow - Blood Deathknight   Dustsorrow - Blood Deathknight EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 12:53 am

Sounds good.

Speak to you guys soon.
Back to top Go down
Osomo
Officer
Officer
Osomo

PostSubject: Re: Dustsorrow - Blood Deathknight   Dustsorrow - Blood Deathknight EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 12:58 am

One comment after I checked your armory: you dont have a cloak ench. I can understand you not getting a belt buckle for 1500g on a blue belt. But the backpiece aint expensive to ench. Smile

Last edited by Osomo on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dustsorrow

PostSubject: Re: Dustsorrow - Blood Deathknight   Dustsorrow - Blood Deathknight EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 1:09 am

A fair point Smile I have to admit i thought i had enchanted it, i did a bulk enchant tonight and somehow i managed to leave that enchant in the mailbox You will find iv strapped some meat to my cloak D; so next time you look all should be well in that depo.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dustsorrow - Blood Deathknight   Dustsorrow - Blood Deathknight Empty

Back to top Go down

Dustsorrow - Blood Deathknight
Page 1 of 1